Monday, July 28, 2014

Idle hands do not live at my house

The state fair is less than one month away. The three sweaters are registered. Two in the machine knitting category (green Amande and dancing elephants) and one in the hand knit (cloudberry). Photo below.
Since I finished the big summer knitting I've kept occupied by baking (some of which occurred with Belgian beer in hand).
But didn't the bars turn out beautifully?
The cookie bars are the chocolate oat bars from the joy of cooking. I'm modified a few things: I use 1/2 of the dough on the bottom not 1/3 as the recipe suggests and I added 2 drops of orange extract to the chocolate mixture. You couldn't identify that the extract was there, but I've made these enough times with the same ingredients every time to notice something was extra yummy about this batch.
Then there were the gnomes I made for the gnome gift exchange. My random giftee liked miniature cartoonish things. Did I succeed?
And finally some mandalas I've been working for cards. A future design might be the final inspiration for my tattoo. Or a variation of this one.
I have this thought in my head. I'm slowly honing my ability to get this idea out of my head and put it on paper. The ability to extract an idea from my head and create is so much easier with knitting. Practice makes capable.
Keep your hands busy!
Be excellent to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment