Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Midwest Fiber Arts Almanac

Last spring (2013) I met with the editor of the Midwest Fiber Arts Almanac, Jennifer. Every year she selects 12 artists to interview and photograph their works for inclusion in the yearly planner, newsletter and blog that she produces. My works were featured in the October newsletter and in November in the planner.

It has been a most gratifying and heart warming experience working with Jennifer. The interview definitely probed deep and prompted more thought about my intentions as a designer and artist. For a long time I had worked and designed because I felt a driving need. In our conversations I put words to my intentions: I create as a way to express my desire for beauty and functionality in those items I work with or use daily. As a way to challenge myself ... And thereby supply knitted hugs (sweaters) for loved ones. The intention you hold as you create matters.

I encourage you to read the Midwest Fiber Arts newsletter and blog. There are so many talented men and women sharing their vision of the world through a variety of medium. It's a blessing to be among them.

Thanks Jennifer.

 

Also, this is the photo of me that Jennifer used in the article ... I'm glad I went to the Renaissance Fair this year. This definitely fits my internal image of myself as an artist, or a bit of a weirdo.

 

Be excellent to each other!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment