Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Creation green stuff ...

Theme of the week is green! Or it was two weeks ago and then life happened. And the theme was no longer green but brownies and dinners and parties!!! But two weeks ago the creation theme was green. I have photographic evidence.

Husband and I went to the farmers market on a Sunday to procure some basil and other fresh produce. Basil was by far the most abundant thing we purchased. I believe my scale registered over 400grams. By the way, that bowl is 12" wide or more.

And some of the leaves were really really huge!

 

 

After remembering to purchase walnuts, pesto was made! I consider 200grams to be one batch.

I used:

- basil, from plants that have not yet flowered (didn't do that last year and it made sour tasting pesto)

- extra virgin olive oil

- walnuts (toasted or not depending on time)

- parmesean

400 grams of basil leaves made approximately 2 pints of pesto which I put in sandwich bags and popped in the freezer for later use. Mmm!

Staying green I kept practicing with the knitting machine (and used greenish yarn, hence green theme).

I finished the second of the striped socks, which looks like this (see left photo). I also made one in a teal color. The second knitting adventure was rounded off with testing whether I could adjust a pattern to work with different sizes. And also make something wearable.

I cast on 64 stitches across the machine bed.

Knit 20 rows. And turned a hem. Knit 6 more rows.

Create short row heel across right side 32 stitches.

Knit 62 rows along all 64 needles.

Create short row toe across right side 32 stitches (rational is that when you seam the toe that seam will now happen on the top of your foot, not the bottom).

Knit 6 rows with waste yarn.

Crochet to seam the toe and side. TADA!

1st ankle sock on knitting machine. IT FITS!

Be excellent to each other!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment