Sunday, December 8, 2013

Knitting right along ...

Tettegouche is released, another pattern started on the needles, more projects percolating in my head ... And I bought more yarn. The trap, the ever present trap of new projects and shiny new buttons... It lured me past the realm of practicality and into the happy world of a project bag filled with UFOs.

But isn't the yarn so pretty? It's worsted weight Plymouth select merino superwash. They call it color 43 ... And I call it dragonfly. And the buttons! The buttons are lovely and shiny and perfect!

Hopefully these ingredients will work themselves into a button-up cowl by Christmas ...

 

In other news, it's been the perfect weekend for knitting. Not only did I purchase a new project, but an arctic blast has plunged the Rockies and Midwest into a freeze. For the past three days it has not reached 5 degrees F. Which means that the new project was started and much work completed on the body of cloudberry cardigan.

Please pardon the yellow ness of the photo. It really is a creamy natural white. That is one skein of handspun cormo, 425 yards all done. I'm guessing I shall need roughly 1400 yards to complete the cardigan, and I only have 325 yards more of another skein. Time to start spinning!

If anyone is looking for me, I'm locking myself away in my living room hibernating with my spinning wheel and needles until it warms up.

Be excellent to each other!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment