Friday, April 18, 2014

Accessorize your sweater

The time is nearing to add buttons to the dancing elephant sweater. I met up with my friend today to go over the buttons and decide number, placement, etc. aren't the buttons she picked out great?

Right now the sweater is in the following state:

It's being used to cover my lap while i knit. Spring is coming slowly this year, and the extra warmth from the cardigan is very much appreciated. I finished the yoke decreases last night and prepared to start the ribbing. I'm quite excited as there is a new tool I'll use to make the ribbing slightly easier - it's an interchangable circular needle extender!

I can connect my long interchangable cords in the middle and have an even longer cord to go around the entire neck/button holes of the cardigan! They are Knitters Pride interchangables, and I'm loving them! I rarely use needles larger than a US 6. Buying an entire set of interchangables was never a worthwhile idea. Knitters Pride now sells them individually. So I can buy lots of cords, and only the size needles I need! Right now I have US 4 in wood and US 3 in carbon with metal tips. I wish they carried more sizes in cubics, but maybe someday. Right now it's worth it to use the super long cords.

Now I'm off to dunk my hands in some frigid ice water. My wrist is aching in a warm way, the first signs of a flare up.

Be excellent to each other!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment