Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Your senses lie to you

The elephant sweater is seamed and ready to start knitting the yoke!

With things progressing it was only a matter of time before some minor issue arose. I first thought I hit a glitch when seaming. I couldn't get the back and right front to line up correctly. Which is utterly perplexing as I did the front and backs on the knitting machine which counts the rows for you! Of course it did line up and everything seamed just fine.

So, no problems with seaming. Oh no, the problem came later.

The needle on my circulars BROKE OFF!

Do you see the gap there?! That gap occurred in the middle of working across the sleeve and tons of stitches fell off. Luckily I had the needle that I'd used to knit the sleeves and could salvage the slight catastrophe.

See the wood needle and the metal needle there? Two different needles to hold everything together. Now that wood needle will be replaced by my new interchangables and the metal needle will remain. Except ... I will make a big change. I will split the stitches for the sleeve and put half on one needle with the two front pieces and 1/2 the stitches for the other sleeves. Then 1/2 the sleeve stitches, back panel and the other half on another needle. Which would look like ...

It's working, which is better than having things break. Oh well. It's been an adventure, and now I have to count and make sure I have the right number of stitches for the charts.

 

Be excellent to each other!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment