Thursday, May 8, 2014

Love is in the air

The sheddening has begun. This is the family phrase for that special time of year when the cat loses his body weight in hair. Look at the photo below, look how much he loves this time of year!

What you can't see is the hair that was flying off his rear end while I was brushing him 5-minutes before.

The sheddening coincides with one of my favorite times of year... Getting the bicycle out of storage! A few weeks ago I made the trip down to my local bike shop and had it checked out. Since then I've ridden a few times (when the rain has ceased long enough) and as always I come home with bicycle slobber all over.

These palms have been washed once already. See how much my bike loves me! Often the grease is confined to a smudge on my calf or a little bit on my hand as I hang by bike in the front hallway. The picture above is from a ride to the grocery store: the gear shifter got nudged on my way out the door, the chain fell off as I tried to ride (hadn't realized the shifter had moved) and then I had to touch the chain to put it back on. My bike just wanted the attention.

The knitting also wants attention. I've been trying to give the projects a little love everyday. Earlier this week the shawl got the most love. Now it is finished!

The elephant sweater is also sitting in my affections this week. I made the button holes last night and intend to finish the button band by the end of the week. The whole band is only 16 - 18 rows, and I'm on row 10 now. If i do 2 rows a day I'll have it finished by Saturday!

Plus, this Friday night is drunken knit night at Merlins Rest. I will definitely be feeling the love for another project as I sip a beer and finish those gosh darn white sleeves that are taking forever! Feeling the live, feeling the love. Besides, don't we want to feel the love forever?

I'm with the Yarn Harlot on this one, I'm ready to move onto another field of love.

 

Be excellent to each other!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment