Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Adversity leads to creativity ...

Last Thursday I came down with the crud. Probably the flu. Whatever it's name it laid me flat and stomped all over my poor respiratory system. I spent several days on the couch and bed, eating soup for every meal and pounding more tea than humanly possible.

Today, I've finally recovered enough to work and write.

With the prolonged periods of couch time I spent some fruitful hours working on the much neglected Tettegouche shawl pattern. Pouring over books and knitting swatches I finally came up with an edging I like.

Behold!

It's a really bad photo taken on my lap, but you can sort of see the undulation of the edge. And you can definitely see the lattice like formations between the body and edge. It will look sweet!

In my mind, I see this shawl also in a silvery green/blue color. Like slate. The color of the rocks up on Lake Superior.

Now to try and find that color to knit this shawl again as a test of the pattern and create a solid colored piece for photographing for the final PDF.

My new self-imposed deadline is to start testing mid-October. Interested?

Also, if you know of a lovely wool yarn in a slate green/blue that isn't too dark and would show stitch defnintion really well, please!

 

Be excellent to each other!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment