Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Designs and donuts

An eventful weekend has come and gone. The weather cooperated fully. Saturday morning saw my lovely red bicycle loaded and ready for the 20 mile round trip to a friends to make homemade apple cider donuts! Doesn't your mouth just water thinking about tasty fresh donuts.

Following the success of Saturday I attended a new knitting group on Sunday morning with a friend of my new roommate. The people were amazing! A diverse group of fiber enthusiasts, people knit, spun, crocheted, and just came for the talk. Plus, any group that gets together on evenings to watch doctor who or swaps vegetables for canning supplies - they're shiny.

On this particular Sunday I had extra cause to be joyous. The first version of Tettegouche is finished! (Not blocked). Without blocking the lovely blueberry stitch and wavey edging aren't that easy to see: but they are there!

With the first knit off the needles I'm beginning to refine the charts (make sure there are no mistakes) and, more excitingly, hunting for the next yarn for the final sample knit. I'm torn between more Madeline tosh light and this lovely dream in color smooshy. I think Steven Be is in my future. Perhaps for some slate, blue grey yarn. I think that will be right color.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment