Sunday, September 8, 2013

I think I can ... I think I can ...

Two + years and counting. The galadriels mirror shawl has been on my needles for two plus years. I wrote about this shawl last time, how I was going to finish it, how it was beautiful, how it was terrible for my tendonitis.

It is terrible for tendonitis.

The twisted stitches are brutal, the k2tog twisted stitches are the speed bumps in my knitting road.

And it is still unbelievably gorgeous. I've been knitting every few days for a few weeks now, and it feels as if I have been 10 rows away from the end for the entire time. The photo was taken two weeks ago, and it still looks like that today. I've knit tons of rows.

Someday it will be done. Someday I will bind off and then find somewhere to block the enormous 80" shawl (I'm guessing, but I think it will be that big).

When I finish I will finally return to the shawl I am designing name Tettegouche. When I finish I will ice my hands for a week and stow this shawl away for the MN state fair creative arts competition next year. When I finish I will applaud every other knitter who has finished this amazing pattern. And then I will spend the next month only making dishcloths - before I decide to tackle another amazing and complicated pattern.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment