Tuesday, October 22, 2013

63 and counting

Who's begun counting down the days? As knitters I don't think we're ever ready for that countdown ... hand knits for loved ones ... The crunch for finishing the lovelies for Christmas.

Last year I planned way ahead. I had a giant project in the works: the velociraptor sweater for my husband. I started early November and finished with a week to spare for blocking before his birthday dec. 21st. Offda. Here's a photo, the charts are on ravelry. And I use Elizabeth zimmermans percentage system for sizing the yoke-sweater.


This year I am keeping the project simple - at least for the holidays. The rest of the projects are just as awesome, geeky, and inspired (if I may say so myself) as the velociraptor sweater. There are three new designs floating around. Two sweaters and a shawl (that is still percolating). It will be the winter of charts, crazy new techniques, and machine knitting!

But back to the holidays: this afternoon is my next lesson in machine knitting, and is the link to knitted Christmas presents!

I have some lovely Cascade yarns ultra Pima cotton ready to whip into some machine knit dishcloths. I'm excited for the experience, as I've never hand knit a dishcloth before ... And I'm excited to use these intense colors to make some intensely awesome Christmas gifts!

Be excellent to each other!

And don't stress too much about the hand knits for the holidays. A hand knit two weeks late is still a special gift. (And I've been a month late before. Breathe.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment